DynaVox Series 4 Devices
The DynaVox Series 4 Devices are no longer available – replaced by the DynaVox V Series Devices. Accessories for the Series 4 devices are still available.
The DynaVox Series 4 product line continues to offer the industry’s most innovative and user-friendly products. The addition of new quick programming features, like the User Setup Wizard, Quick Page, and a Modify button, will make getting started with DynaVox easier than ever before.
The DV4 is approximately 2.5 kilos (5.6 lbs) and comes in a case made of tough plastic. The case has a strong gripping surface, easy-to-find ports, and a moisture-resistant faceplate. Average battery run time for typical use is 12 hours.
Weighing 1.5 kilos (3.2lbs), the MT4 has both a handle and a strap to make it easy to carry the device by hand or over the shoulder. Average battery run time for typical use is 6 hours.
- Touch screen with adjustable hold/release times, touch-enter/exit modes, audio touch
- Morse code
- Visual and audio scanning with auto, switch, 2-switch and inverse auto-scan options
- Mouse pause and mouse click
- Auto Zoom is available for touch enter selectors
- VeriVox natural-sounding voice options
- DECtalk® synthesised voices
- Digitised speech is available using the built-in microphone.
- Standard switch port – 2 jacks for standard switches.
- 2 USB type B function connectors and one USB type A host
- Serial port
- Speaker port for external speaker or private audio scanning
- Integral microphone and external microphone jack for digitised speech and sound
- Infrared for learning universal remote control and accessing a computer
Comparison between the DV4 and MT4
|Weight||2.5kg (5.6 lbs)||1.5kg (3.2 lbs)|
|Size||30cm x 23cm x 8cm (12” x 9” x 3”)||21cm x 15cm x 6cm (8.25” x 6” x 2.25”)|
|Display||12.1 active matrix colour TFT-LCD||6.4 Active Matrix Colour TFT-LCD|
|Battery||12 / 3.7V Li-Ion cells, pack is 7.4V @ 13.2Ahrs||8 / 3.7V Li-Ion cells, pack is 7.4V @ 8.8Ahrs|
|Transformer/Charger||AC 100-240 V 1.0 A 50/60 HZ DC 12 V 3A||AC 100-240 V 1.0 A 50/60 Hs DC 12 V 3A|
|Average Battery Run Time||Continuous use – 12 hours||Continuous use – 6 hours|