BIG Step-by-Step Communicator - Enhanced
Interchangeable colours, improved sound quality, store more recording and better for the environment!
You can choose, and change, the look of your communication device any time you like. One device. Four great looks. The only decision left is what to do first.
That’s not all that’s been improved!
New technology inside the enhanced BIG Step-by-Step provides:
- Better-than-ever digital sound
AbleNet have upgraded the new processor inside: the BIG Step-by-Step sounds clearer, sharper, and more true-to-life than ever before. Unleash some extra creativity and take personal expression to a new level!
- 40% more recording time
You had more to say. And we listened. Now you’ll hear 40 to 80% more on AbleNet’s enhanced products. That’s more time for more learning, more communication, and more fun.
- 25% more battery life
It makes sense to think green and AbleNet have improved the battery life of their most popular AAC products. More efficient electronics means a more efficient product and a greener world – and that means you stretch the life of your batteries and your dollar.
Students who require a larger activation surface will appreciate the generous 13 cm target area on this powerful sequential messaging tool. Record any series of messages directly into the BIG Step-by-Step communicator and press its large activation surface for the first in a series of messages. Press it again and BIG Step-by-Step is ready to play the next message.
With 2 minutes of recording time, you can record as many messages as you need. BIG Step-by-Step is perfect for recording:
- verses of song or poem
- steps in a recipe
- short social scripts to encourage conversational turn-taking.
You can also use this sequence of messages feature for:
- giving a series of instructions
- asking a series of questions
- expressing a single message in a variety of different ways
- Interchangeable switch tops in Red, Yellow, Green and Blue
- Two minutes recording time
- Better than ever crystal clear voice quality at all volumes
- Easy to record
- 13cm (5”) activation surface
- Volume control and ON/OFF switch with sleep mode
- Plays entire message regardless of repetitive switch hits
- External switch jack for specialty switch operations
- Message repeat feature to replay one message in the series
- Includes Snap Switch Cap for attaching your own symbols
- Toy/Appliance cable included
- Easily mounted with the Large Triangular Mounting Plate or carry it with the Travel Strap Shoulder Mount
Click here to check out the AbleNet Communication Tools Comparison Chart to see how this device compares with others in the AbleNet range.
Click here to learn more about FUNctional Ideas on using a voice-output communication device.
- Device Skins for BIG Step-by-Step Communicator
- LITTLEmack Communicator
- LITTLE Step-by-Step Communicator
- BIGmack Communicator
- Step-by-Step Communicator with Levels
- iTalk2 Communicator
- Big Twist Tops
Videos about BIG and LITTLE Step-by-Step Communicators
View / Download
- Integrating Low-Tech into Your 21st Century Classroom (2.5 MB)
- BIG Step-by-Step Communicator Manual
- BIG Step-by-Step Specifications
- Ten Things I Can Do for Myself… and then some… Closing The Gap Solutions Publication, June/July 2011
- Remarkable Idea: Making Sunshine Shakes (659 KB)
- Remarkable Idea: Let’s Make Hot Chocolate (541 KB)
BIG Step-by-Step Communicator - Enhanced is targeted at the following age ranges:
- All Ages
BIG Step-by-Step Communicator - Enhanced is designed to foster development in the areas of:
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit:
With the closure of the Spectronics New Zealand office in Auckland on 27th June 2013, no further purchase orders can be fulfilled through this website. A range of New Zealand-based resellers, however, will be able to assist you with your order. Please visit the following link for details of the most appropriate reseller for the technologies you wish to purchase.